David Eyre's Pancake
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Jelly, jam, or marmalade, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, lightly beat flour, milk, eggs, and nutmeg until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Melt butter in a10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add flour mixture and transfer to oven. Bake until pancake is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle pancake with sugar and return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice; serve immediately with jelly, jam, or marmalade.